Building Department Division
Introducing Online Permits!
We now have an application and payment portal for some (not all) permits.
- Deck applications cannot be submitted using this portal. Please scroll down to find and use the Building Permit Application found in the Permit Applications (to print or download) section below.
- Available online permits include:
- Building - Door Replacements, Re-Roof, Siding and Window Replacements
- Mechanical - Fireplaces, New Construction, New Installations and Replacements
- Plumbing - Drain, Waste and Vent, Fixture Replacements, PVB's and RPZ's
- Zoning - Driveways, Fences, Signs and Structures such as gazebos, pergolas and sheds that are 200 square feet or less
- If your project or construction type is not listed above, or found in the dropdown choices while using the Online portal, the Online portal is not available to use for that project or construction type. You will need to submit a PDF application via email or paper application via USPS, drop box or in person . Please scroll down to find and use the correct application found in the Permit applications (to print or download) section below.
- To verify an address is in our jurisdiction, click Anoka County Parcel Viewer
- If you have any questions, please call 763-576-2720.
To be redirected to the online permit portal click the button below or click online permits.
Permit Application Process for applications not being submitted using the Online Permit portal:
Step 1: Proceed with completing an application only if the property address is in the City of Anoka.
- If the address is not in the City of Anoka, please contact the city or township in which the address is located and that jurisdiction will help you.
Step 2: Complete and submit your application with any required documents such as your site plan and building plans.
- The applications below are fillable PDFs. Applications are updated yearly, please use the most current application form posted below. Please note we have separate applications for roofing, siding and windows/doors replacements (same size).
- The applications below may be submitted via email, mailed, put in the drop box located outside of Anoka City Hall or in person. We no longer accept applications through facsimile.
- If you have code construction questions, please contact the Building Official. If you have zoning questions, please contact the City Planner. If you have other questions, please contact the Building Permit Technician.
Step 3: Your application will be reviewed and we will call you upon approval regarding payment for the permit.
- We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, checks or exact cash.
- Issued permits will be emailed to you unless otherwise indicated.
Step 4: Proceed with your project and schedule inspections.
- To schedule inspections, you can either:
- Email your request to Comdev@ci.anoka.mn.us or
- Call 763-576-2720
Permit Applications (to print or download)
- Accessory Structure (200 square feet or less) Site Plan Review 2022
- Building Permit Application 2022
- Building Relocation Application 2022
- Electric Application for Contractors 2022
- Electric Application for Homeowners 2022
- Demolition Application 2022
- Driveway Application 2022
- Fence Application 2022
- Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Application 2022
- Mechanical Application 2022
- Plumbing Application 2022
- Roof Application 2022
- Sewer - Water - Street to Structure Application 2022
- Siding Application 2022
- Sign Application 2022
- Subsurface Treatment System Application 2022
- Water Meter Application 2022
- Window - Door Same Size Replacement Application 2022